Wednesday, June 14, 2017

There is Always a Choice

This morning I was reading through Proverbs 14. My habit is to take a verse or two that sticks out to me and write a bit about it. Then, when finished, I ask God what He wants me to do with this day; my "marching orders", so to speak. Today He wanted me to post my thoughts on verse 12. Maybe He wanted me to post it for you. :)

Proverbs 14:12 (NLT) There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death.

Every moment of every day we are facing multiple possible paths. Each step we take either brings us closer to the Lord or further from Him. I don't think it's always only just two choices, meaning only two paths to choose from: the right and the wrong. Often there are many paths (decisions) we can make in the moment. If the enemy can't get you to make the blatantly bad choice, he'll try to keep you from making the ultimately good one.

Sometimes there is more than one ultimately good choice, where God will do amazing things either way. The same is true for the bad choices where God's light does not shine. For every moment though, God has promised that He will provide you with the path that leads to Him. He will never leave you without an out. He will never forsake you to the darkness. There is always a way back to Him. There is always a good choice.

Sometimes what we want is so strong that we imagine we see the light of God down paths of darkness and shadows. Sometimes when we take that step, we realize what we've done and immediately regret the decision. Sometimes we know we were only fooling ourselves when we started walking, and the shame of that knowing drives us to go even further into the darkness. Sometimes we are so deceived we still think the light is shining on us until suddenly, one day, it's not, and the truth of our chosen path is revealed.

This is why staying connected to God at all times is so vitally important. Our tendency to be swayed by the enemy and our ability to effectively deceive ourselves puts us in grave danger daily. For before each of us is a path that seems right, but it ends in death.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you!

If what you read made you think, let me know! I'd love to engage with you. Comments and likes onFacebook, Instagram, Twitter, and these blog posts help me out. We're all in this together!