Thursday, September 20, 2012

Let me start by explaining....

Years and years ago my life looked much different than it does now. For the sake of this blog, I"ll refer to this earlier stage in my life as the "Mohawk Era". Even though I did not don a mohawk during that era's entirety, it serves as an accurate metaphor for my whole state of existence at that time. (Did I mention I like metaphors?)  What do you think of when you envision a mohawk? Hard? Spiky? Rebellious? Independent? Angry? Dirty? Rockin'? Reckless? Awesomesauce? Yes, and also, yes. :O)

So, what happened? How does one go from defying and loathing God to falling at the very same God's feet with a heart of repentance? Well, folks, that's fodder for forthcoming blog posts so you'll have to stay tuned to hear about that. :O) For this post I just want to make some things clear right from the start, so as to hopefully deter any confusion on the matter in the future.

FACTS:

1) I am not a scholar in any way, shape, or form. I do not claim to have all the answers now, nor will I ever. 
2) That being said, I have my beliefs which I've come to through research, prayer, and experience. I exercise my right to defend them respectfully and I will extend the same courtesy to you.
3) Discussions on the blog are welcome, even if you disagree with me, as long as you remain respectful to everyone involved.
4) I'm going to pray for you, even if you don't believe that God is on the other end listening. Don't be offended, Jesus commands that His followers pray for everyone. I'm simply doing what I believe.

Well, that should do it for now! My hope is that this blog will start some meaningful and heartfelt conversations about what God is, what God isn't, and what He's doing in our world. Being a mom of 4 young children (the oldest turns 7 in November) who also takes care of an infant during the week and is active in church and her kids' school, I don't have a lot of time to meet and discuss the things in life that matter with people in person. Hopefully this will give anyone who wants to be involved in the conversation the ability to do so without the constraints of time and physical location.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Side note... mohawks and more specifically - faux-hawks are popular with young boys now. This is hilarious to me. What was so rebellious, in-your-face, harsh and shocking has become trendy and commonplace. It takes more and more to be shocking and rebellious.

    Love you princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly didn't start any trends but it did seem less common then, especially where I was from.

      Love you too, Emily S!

      Delete
  2. Wow, right out of the gate and people are already dropping F-bombs! (Deleted post from "Cheshire") Please remember that I will only tolerate RESPECTFUL speech, so therefore the comment was deleted. If you wish to re-post without the offensive language, feel free.


    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you!

If what you read made you think, let me know! I'd love to engage with you. Comments and likes onFacebook, Instagram, Twitter, and these blog posts help me out. We're all in this together!